Monday, October 9, 2006

Different Perspectives

Yesterday I went to my father’s cottage and the kids went swimming. Jul just for a minute, but Clover is such a water baby, that she stayed in for almost 20 minutes. I can’t get over how much she is like me! It was really nice to hang out with just my dad for 3 hours. It showed me why my mom, at one time, fell in love with him. It’s nice to see that. For so many years I never understood how or why they would have been together. But my mother is a kind, sweet person, who I suspect at the time, was very needy. And I can see my father being very devoted and attentive, especially to her young daughter. However, for so many years I have only seen their negatives, and could never picture them together. I don’t wish that God came into their lives then…I don’t think I could truly explain why. But I am glad that God did. And although my life wasn’t easy, and their faults were very difficult on me, I know that they love me very much. Even if they don’t even like each other. And I am grateful for God changing my life.

No comments: