I love these days. They are full of laughter and delight! They are slow but busy, with me being distracted from my other duties. Sunny days riding bikes, playing at parks... long road trips where we end up where we started. Hours upon hours saying be nice, love each other. Changing wet clothes and diapers. Reminders of picking things up. Making yummy meals. Watching my kids enjoy playing games that i do not understand. Silent laughs while watching the kids vacuum.
I have been on hiatus from wondering if i am doing enough. Or what my plan is for September for Jul. I have been trying to focus on what is really important, what they truly need. And i think i have thought of a few things that help me remember kids need:
- purposeful work... Jul likes to vacuum and Clover likes to help put dishes in the dishwasher.
- to play imaginary games ( i will be posting more on this in a few more weeks)
- inspiring things; to show them, and for them to create
- wonderful books.. and not just the ones i find wonderful, but ones that spark their imagination
- things to make them wonder... ideas that make them ask questions and discover answers
- Grandparents (sorry to those who didnt have any as kids)
- prayer; lots and lots of prayer
And i find that only sometimes do i have to facilitate these. They find them all on their own, if i dont interfere. That is sometimes very hard to do. Partly because i may not like what they are doing, but they do... and because i think it is important for them to be allowed to play and do things without adults, specifically, moms and dads. But i also find that i dont know where to begin or how to enjoy it all. They have so much love inside them, and so little hurt. They have a more direct connection with God and such a great understanding of Him.