Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Little Children

I wish more and more that i had the faith of Jul. I am trying to plant a seed in him, but it is him who teaches me about God daily! Over the past month i have been amazed by his faith and understanding of God's love. And his complete unashamed love he has for God.
A month ago at a YMCA day camp, he stood up and started singing. Not just any song, but "Jesus loves me". Completely unprompted. And while i was being told this, i was so proud of him... and yet so scared of what others would say. And then yesterday at the midwives, he started singing "Jesus loves the little children" for the midwife. I feel so convicted because i almost felt that he should choose a different song... but then i would be pulling him away from Jesus.

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."
Matthew 11:25

There are basic fundamentals that have been quashed from my faith. And one of them is that i dont have to hide my faith from anyone... if someone doesnt like me because of my faith, that isnt my fault. And it isnt about me, but about God. I cant handle that kind of rejection, but (unfortunately) God can. And does endure it daily from many people. I dont want to be one of them. I want to teach my children about God, i want to write His commands above the door, I want to bring up my children to God, so that they never leave Him.
I think it is two ways though... as i teach Jul (and Clover) about His Word, they teach me about His heart!

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3

I am raising children to grow up and be men and women of God, and they are teaching me how to be a child of God.

No comments: