Friday, July 30, 2010

There are moms in my life who i admire greatly. And because of that i feel encouraged by my parenting. I like watching and hearing how they deal with difficult situations, i find it reminds me of the type of parent i want to be.

but then there is a difference. Our children. I can do all the things that they do, but still not have their children. I have my own. And sometimes i forget how to parent them.

I know, i know. It is hard to forget. But there are times that i am over tired, or they have been just plain difficult (such as last thursday when Clover stole 4 yogurt drinks for her and Oakley... then later in the afternoon snuck the whole bag of chocolate covered almonds (or amnums as oakley says)).

But in my moments of clarity i am a good mom. And i wish i could always remember how to be a good mom, and not have regrets. I also wish my kids would remember that they are great kids. And in there lies the problem. I often tell them what not to do. And i try to remember to tell them when they are behaving well... but i think i falter there.

My children individually are incredible to take out, or have at home for that matter. But together they feel that they have to vie for my attention. Or they try to one-up the other. This aways leads to disaster. So, for the next few weeks, i am going to remember to treat my kids as if i have them alone. Build up who they are, and why i love them. I'm not going to worry about saying i love you to one, and not the other. They need to see how incredibly special they are to me.


No comments: